Abre supports communication through four methods.
- Channels (which group announcements by topic and by stakeholder)
- Notifications (coming late fall of 2021)
If you haven’t already, take time to learn how to create an Announcement Channel. You can access the Knowledge Base Article Here. Some important points to remember:
- Channels can be required or voluntary.
- You can tailor channels to individual stakeholders. You can make channels available to stakeholders of particular buildings.
Typically folks group channels by a common theme or topic tailored to a particular audience. For example, you might have:
- The PTO Channel
- The Principal’s Channel
- The Superintendent Channel
- The Athletic Department Channel
- The Theater Channel
- The Daily News Channel
- Create at least three channels
- Assign the channels to the appropriate stakeholder
- Make the channel required
To learn how to create an announcement, visit this Knowledge Base Article. Some fun points to consider:
- You can embed video (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- Create styling images by using the most excellent platform Canva.
- Create an announcement in each of the channels you just created
- Add at least one image
- Add at least one video
Headlines are ways to capture a user’s attention. They’re announcements on steroids and help schools obtain full compliance on important information. Users must review the information before they can move into other areas of Abre.
- Create a headline that welcomes staff to a new day of teaching.
- If adventurous, add a form to your headline!