Setting your school calendar is important as it aligns many Abre Apps with your current schedule.
Required Abre Permissions
To set or modify your district's school calendar you need to have Abre's "System Admin Privileges" enabled
Setting the First and Last Day of Your Academic Year
- From Abre's navigation bar select Settings
- In the "General" tab, scroll down until you see the School Calendar heading
- Set a Staff Returns Date (Optional)
- Set the dates for your First Day of the Academic Year and the Last Day of the Academic Year
This is the date Abre will start displaying your first terms (Semester 1, Quarter 1, etc.) in the following locations:
- Staff seeing their Courses and students rostered to those courses in Abre.
- Student schedules on the Student Profile card within the Students App
- Courses and students rostered to those courses in the Class App (for customers with Class activated)
Once you have selected your Staff Return date and the First and Last Day of the Academic Year you can then set the specific start dates for the terms your district utilizes.