Staff members can create their own customized student groups in the Students App.
Who Might Make Custom Student Groupings?
A wide variety of building-level staff might make custom groupings to support their student's success. For example:
A classroom teacher might make a group for some students they are mentoring
A school Intervention specialist (IVS) or psychologist could create a group for students on their caseload
A coach may want a means for easily checking up on their team
How to Create a Group
- Head to the Students App
- Scroll past the student search bar and My Courses to the My Groups section
- Select Add Group to create a new custom group
- Next, name your student group (an example could be "1st Grade Intervention Group")
- From this point, you are able to "search" for a student and add them to the group you've just created(*Note- You will only be able to add students to your group that you have access to in Abre.)
- Type in your student's names and add them to the group by clicking the addition symbol icon next to their name
- Once you've added all of the students into your group you've just created, click Save in the right-hand corner
- Once saved, you will see the group you've just created back on your student homepage under My Groups