Headlines are ways to capture a user's attention. They're announcements on steroids and help schools obtain full compliance on important information. Users must review the information before they can move into other areas of Abre.
Required Abre Permissions
To Create a Headline you need to have Abre "System Admin Permissions" or "Communications Administrator" enabled.
How to Create a New Headline
- From your Abre homepage select the edit icon.
- Select the Headlines Tab.
- Select Manage to start editing and creating headlines. This brings up the Headlines Editor where you can create new headlines in addition to editing or deleting previous ones
- To create a new headline select Add in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Once created, give your headline a title. The Description field is where you will type the content of your headline
- Select a Start Date and End Date (optional)
- Select your audience. You can narrow your Headlines by Student, Staff, and Family Members, then again by building
- Select Save and your headline will be created.
Option to Consider: Action Required
Selecting the "Action Required" creates an additional dialogue. Users need to confirm they have read or completed the action within the headline. This assures full compliance.