Required Abre Permissions
To Create a Channel you need to have Abre "System Admin Permissions" or "Communications Administrator" enabled. If you need those permissions enabled contact your Abre System Admin.
Channels allow districts to streamline and organize the information they share through the Abre Hub. Creating multiple channels can give districts and school leaders the means to share the right information with the right stakeholders.
Channels hold and contain announcements. Think of them as a news channel feed.
Channels come in two flavors:
- Required channel (meaning the stakeholder is required to subscribe).
- Optional channel (the stakeholder can decide to subscribe).
You can assign channels to roles and to buildings.
How to Create a Channel
- On the Hub, select "Edit Communications" (Pencil Icon)
- Select the "Channels" tab
- Click the "+" and the bottom right corner
- Give your Channel a name and select a color
- Define who the channel is for and for which locations
- Select if the channel is to be required